Migrating WordPress Website to Craft CMS
Posted on April 27, 2018
Craft CMS is being popular day by day. Craft CMS is great in stability, content flexibility, scalability, security and ease of use.
Being experienced in both CMS’s WordPress and Craft, I provide service for migrating WordPress website to Craft CMS website with followings:
- Latest version of Craft 3 will be used.
- Craft dashboard will be well structured with content blocks so admin will be able to control all the data, contents, assets etc from backend. I prefer to use combination of Matrix and Super table for content block.
- Website with better performance (page load time between 3 – 5 sec or less) with Page Speed score 80%+. I follow Craft’s caching standard, lazy loading, image compression and image transformation in Craft templates
- All the contents of WordPress website will be copied to new Craft CMS
- SEO friendly website i.e easy to manage SEO Meta, Open Graph and other social tags for each page
- Fully responsive and mobile first website
- Standard coding style and development
- As Craft CMS is template based while WordPress is theme based, so I create new templates following the design of WordPress website
- Craft CMS setup and installation
- Structuring dashboard by creating sections, fields etc to manage all website contents, data, assets, etc.
- Twig template coding to populate CMS driven data to front-end.
- Copying or importing WordPress page contents to new Craft Website
- There may be need to develop relevant plugin in Craft CMS for getting the same functionality of WordPress site.
- WordPress uses shortcodes so relevant plugin be developed in Craft CMS
Here are some example Craft websites in which I have assisted my clients to migrate from WordPress:
For this service, please contact or discuss your project with me.